OUYA the $99 gaming console that will be powered by Android OS will launch with several emulators.
Robert Broglia information the OUYA forums that he plans to bring “all of his emulators to the OUYA, Broglia’s emulators include:
- GBA – Classic Gameboy Advance (GBA) Emulator
- GBC – Classic Gameboy Color Emulator
- MD – Classic Genesis/Mega Drive/CD & Master System/Mark III Emulator
- NES – Classic NES/Famicom Emulator
- Snes9x EX+ – Advance SNES Emulator with near complete game compatibility (based on Snes9x 1.53)
- PCE – Classic PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 Emulator
- NEO – Classic Neogeo MVS/AES Emulator
- 2600 – Classic Atari 2600 VCS Emulator
- NGP – Classic Neogeo Pocket color Emulator
- MSX – Classic MSX computer & Colecovision Emualtor
- Saturn – Classic Sega Saturn Emulator
“I’m releasing all of them, but will start with Snes9x EX+,” said Broglia. “(I) hope to have a test APK ready soon.”
Pricing has not yet been announced , however this is really good for this console as a lot of nostalgic people will buy it for this reason.
Although I already have several emulators on my Nexus 4 I would still rather buy this console for a seamless experience.